Literacy at our school incorporates the skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening that are so essential for children in today’s society. We make sure all children at our school are equipped in these vital areas of learning.
We follow the Primary Framework which has the following parts:
- Speaking listening and responding
- Group discussion, interaction and drama
- Word recognition and spelling
- Understanding and interpreting texts
- Responding to texts
- Creating their own texts
- Sentence and text structure, and presentation
Each of these areas is practised in poetry, stories, plays, and non-fiction. The children will produce different pieces of work that regularly culminate in a final piece of writing.