The aim of the Governing Body at our school is to:
- Provide a strategic direction for the school
- Support, challenge, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school
- Hold the school accountable for the quality of education provided
We do this in many ways including:
- Working with the staff in supporting school improvement in line with the school vision
- Monitoring the performance and progress of our children;
- Supporting the staff to help them teach and care for our children;
- Working with the school to decide how the resources of the school are best used;
- Planning ahead so that the performance of our children and our school continues to improve;
- Contributing to school life through events and visits to the school.
To carry out this role effectively, the members of the Governing Body are representatives of all the key groups involved in our school – the Parents, the Staff, the Local Authority, the Community and the Church. Some are appointed and some are elected. All serve for a term of three years.
We meet together at least once a term as a whole team, as well as in committees to look in more detail at finance, staffing, premises, standards and the curriculum. In addition we each have an area that we take particular interest in such as Numeracy, Literacy or Special Educational Needs.
We are always keen to hear your views and I hope that this page will help you to better understand what we do, who we are and why we are serving as Governors.
Please see the link below for comments from all of our Governors.
|2018 Governors||[docx 10KB]|