The aim of the Governing Body at our school is to:
- Provide a strategic direction for the school
- Support, challenge, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school
- Hold the school accountable for the quality of education provided
We do this in many ways including:
- Working with the staff in supporting school improvement in line with the school vision
- Monitoring the performance and progress of our children;
- Supporting the staff to help them teach and care for our children;
- Working with the school to decide how the resources of the school are best used;
- Planning ahead so that the performance of our children and our school continues to improve;
- Contributing to school life through events and visits to the school.
School governors play a vital role in the life of the school and are responsible for providing strategic leadership and accountability in the work of the school. They meet together as a full Local Governing Body (LGB) twice each term. There are 2 committees which focus on Ethos and Standards (SEN, curriculum and policies) and Finance (health and safety, premises and personnel). The governors make regular visits to the school to meet the children and talk with the teachers about the work of the school. All governors hold their office for a period of four years. The Chair of Governors and any of the other governors can always be contacted via the school office.
We are always keen to hear your views and I hope that this page will help you to better understand what we do, who we are and why we are serving as Governors.
Please see the link below for comments from all of our Governors.
|2018 Governors||[docx 11KB]|