The aim of the Governing Body at our school is to:
- Provide a strategic direction for the school
- Support, challenge, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the school
- Hold the school accountable for the quality of education provided
Governors at Croxton Kerrial fulfil these responsibilities by working closely with the staff so that we can be successful in helping the children achieve their full potential in a happy, caring environment.
We do this in many ways including:
- Working with the staff in supporting school improvement in line with the school vision.
- Monitoring the performance and progress of our children.
- Supporting the staff to help them teach and care for our children.
- Working with the school to decide how the resources of the school are best used.
- Planning ahead so that the performance of our children and our school continues to improve.
- Contributing to school life through events and visits to the school.
School governors play a vital role in the life of the school and are responsible for providing strategic leadership and accountability in the work of the school. We make regular visits to the school to meet the children and talk with the teachers about the work of the school.
To deliver this effectively the Governor team members are representative of all the key groups involved in our school – the Parents, the Staff, the Community, the MAT and the Church. Some are appointed and some are elected. All serve for a term of four years.
We meet together at least once a term as a whole team, and in three sub-groups focused on Finance and Staffing, Health and Safety, and Standards. In addition, we each have a specialist subject that we take particular interest in (e.g., Maths, English, Art, ICT).
We look forward to a continued successful partnership with you and welcome any views and suggestions. If you are interested in becoming a governor, please do get in touch. You may contact me by letter via the school office, marking your envelope ‘Private and Confidential’.
Dr H Sykes
Chair of Governors
Mrs Julie Hopkins
Mrs Amanda Scott
01.09.20 – 31.08.24
Dr Helen Sykes
22.05.19 – 21.05.23
Dr Jackie Johnston (Vice Chair)
17.05.17 – 16.06.21
Mr Wayne Searle
01.01.10 – 31.08.24
Mrs Angela Kingham
22.05.19 – 21.05.23
|Mr David Stanford|
|Mrs Clare Carvell|
Rev David Cowie
Meet Our Governor Team
Miss Clare Carvell
My name is Clare Carvell and I moved to Croxton Kerrial in September 2000. Before this, I lived in Oxfordshire, where I trained to be a Primary School Teacher and subsequently taught there for eight years. I have continued to teach locally and I hope this experience will enable me to support the school in my role as governor. In my spare time I enjoy playing tennis, cycling, visiting the theatre and travelling (particularly on walking holidays).